global tolerance – inspirational media training
PR and communications agency, global tolerance will be running a very select media training series, specifically designed for charities, social enterprises and faith communities. These courses are designed to equip press officers, media spokespeople, directors of communications, people of all levels responsible for media and communications with practical techniques to increase and improve media coverage.
Media training will take place on two separate full day courses on the 22 and 23 September 2008 from 10:00-17:00, with a 9:30 networking coffee, at global tolerance HQ in Finsbury Park. Courses will be led by award winning, international media trainer Simon Cohen, whose credits wrap the globe from the Parliament of World Religions to the World Spirit Forum. He will be joined by leading experts from the national media who will explain tips and tricks of the trade and answer your questions. The guest speakers include Michael Binyon, Leader Writer for the Times, and George Pitcher, religion editor for the Daily Telegraph. This creates a unique opportunity to network in a close-knit atmosphere with leaders from the media and third sector. For more information and to be considered for a place on the training please download our schedule and reservation form at the following URL: http://globaltolerance.com/news/inspirational-media-coverage-training/download/ or contact email@example.com or 0845 054 0064.
inspirational media coverage
getting charities, social enterprises and faith communities the coverage they deserve
10:00 – 17:00
9:30 Networking Coffee
getting the media’s interest – Monday 22 September (£150)
It’s one thing to know you are doing work that benefits society, it’s a completely different thing to get the media to consider it newsworthy – especially when there is so much negativity in the press. This intensive course will cover the core principles to turning your social-oriented activities into compelling, mainstream news stories, with a first-hand opportunity to engage with and pitch to one of the most senior journalists in the UK. What you will learn:
- media relations
- shaping your planned events and activities to the news agenda – while retaining your values
- creating photo, filming, recording and interview opportunities for the media to capture your story
- creating a simple and successful communications strategy
- writing press releases and media materials that help get the media to cover and come to your events
- lunch will be provided
guest speaker – Michael Binyon, Leader Writer, The Times
Making the most of media opportunities – Tuesday 23 September (£150)
You’ve done the hard work and got the media interested, now how do you handle that interview in half an hour, and what photos will be printed in the press? Charities fight so hard to get media attention, and so it’s crucial to make the most of every media opportunity. The type of coverage could mean the difference between a much-needed fundraising boost or a destroyed reputation. This course is about ‘wowing’ the media and helping ensure that your social message is the same one that gets broadcast or published in the media
What you will learn:
- the secrets of being a top media spokesperson
- setting up and managing creative photo and other media opportunities
- broadcast interview techniques (live and recorded), with opportunities for filmed role-plays
- how to handle media enquiries in times of crisis
- managing the message of the media
- this course follows and flows from the previous course but can be booked alone
- lunch will be provided
guest speaker – George Pitcher, Religion Editor, The Daily Telegraph
“All speakers were extremely relevant. The training was a fantastic insight into how press releases should be done and how media relations should be harnessed."
Meerat Kaur, United Sikhs
about global tolerance
global tolerance is an award winning public relations and media training company. global tolerance training courses provide charities, social enterprises and faith communities with practical techniques to increase and improve their media coverage. global tolerance works with organisations across the world to improve the media coverage of social issues through consultancy and training. We are passionate about improving media and communications skills and it shows.
global tolerance has had the honour to run highly acclaimed training at the Parliament of the World Religions, the World Spirit Forum, and ‘Living in a multi faith society’ for Save the Children at the British Museum. global tolerance has hosted media training sessions around the world, with renowned journalists appearing as guest speakers.
global tolerance is not affiliated to any religion and has a respect for all faiths. We have strong relationships with the leaders and communities of all of the major faith traditions.
"The quality of speakers was excellent. The training helps raise awareness about the commercial nature of the media, and how business-minded the religious groups need to be. Keep up the excellent work!"
Farhan Rehman, Regents Park Mosque Inter Faith Group
how to reserve your place
- these courses are specially designed for press officers, media spokespeople, directors of communications and people of all levels responsible for media and communications
- to increase the personal interaction at the training, there are only twenty seats available for each day. These will be allocated on a first come first serve basis
- if you are not able to attend yourself, please nominate someone that you feel would benefit
- each training session costs £150 each per person. A reduced price of £250 per person for both sessions
- in order to reserve your place please downloaded a reservation form at the following URL: http://globaltolerance.com/news/inspirational-media-coverage-training/ and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- once global tolerance receives your completed reservation form, and we still have spaces available for each session, Nimesha will email you details of how to make your payment
- once payment is received your place will be confirmed by email
- if you have any other enquiries, please contact Nimesha Bhagia on 0845 054 0064.
- further information can be found at http://globaltolerance.com
All cancellations must be received in writing. You may cancel up to fourteen (14) days prior to the start date of the training and we will reimburse you without penalty. If you cancel within fourteen (14) days of the training date we will charge you a 50% cancellation fee. If you cancel within Two (2) days of the training date, or if you do not show up to attend the training, no refund is due. If you are unable to attend the training you can nominate someone in your place at no extra charge.
"I would recommend this training. It was excellent, well structured, precise and to the point."
Pareen Shah, Young Jains