Ethical Junction CIC (EJ) respects your rights to privacy and to choose what information you would like to receive or to choose not to receive any at all. EJ is registered with the Data Protection Registrar.
We will use the data you supply to communicate with you and improve the service we offer to you.
We will not sell or make available in any way your personal information except where you have specifically asked us to. The nature of the Services provided by Ethical Junction means that we may obtain, certain information about you. This statement sets out the principles governing our use of your data.
By registering to use the services and by using the Ethical Junction web site generally, you agree to this use
1. When you register and use the site, we will ask you to provide certain Data, such as your contact details and demographic information. We will store this Data and use it to contact you, provide you with details of Services and otherwise for the normal use and improvement of Ethical Junction, unless you have asked us not to do so.
2. We will offer you a number of options to receive general and specific information and will ask for your permission to send information on your chosen options. As Ethical Junction develops we aim to personalise the information you receive to ensure that you only receive information which you want to receive and have asked for.
3. We may also use the Data you provide us with in response to surveys and to aggregate user profiles.
5. Cookies are also used to assit you with form filling. You cannot opt out of form filling cookies. By continuing to use the website, you are giving us permission to place cookie information on your browser, (opting in).
6. Ethical Junction will not pass Data to any third parties except in the following circumstances;
a. When you have requested information to be sent by one of our partners
b. In the event of us outsourcing any marketing or technical operations such as mail-outs and then we will only use reputable organisations who strictly abide by the relevant Data Protection legislation
c. In the event of Ethical Junction merging with another organisation and then only for the same purpose as originally specified unless we ask for permission to change this usage
d. To enable you to gain access to the restricted parts of certain Service Providers' Information
7. Our site may link to other web sites and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures or their content. We will however encourage Ethical Junction member organisations to adopt appropriate Data Protection Policies.
8. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal Data including where appropriate, the use of encryption technology, but cannot guarantee the security of any Data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of on-line data transfer over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in wilful default.
9. Ethical Junction has security measures in place to ensure that personal data are not subjected to unauthorised or unlawful processing. These measures cover technical and organisational issues. Staff are trained to understand the importance of data protection.
10. We may supplement the information that you provide us with information we receive from third parties. You have the right to receive information about the personal information Ethical Junction maintains on you. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, please contact us.
11. You agree that we may disclose to any person empowered to require such information by or under any legal enactment, any information they may request or require relating to you.
12. Ethical Junction allows the British Library Archive project to keep copies of the public web site.