incognito was born out of the misfortune of its founder Howard Carter and as a response to the proliferation of deadly insect-borne diseases due to climate change. In 1998, Howard contracted both dengue fever and malaria while travelling through Asia and India. He had been using, as prescribed by a travel doctor, anti-malarial medication in conjunction with Deet – a toxic repellent, which is a pesticide.
It was this experience coupled with the damage pesticides cause to the environment that moved Howard to develop a natural repellent that could replace DEET and other toxic repellents in the travel bags of the future, one that was more effective and environmentally friendly. It has taken him 10 years to do so.
incognito is now, after years of perfecting the formula, the protection of choice amongst conscientious travellers. Made with only 100% natural ingredients it is more effective than Deet and doesn't harm you or the environment.
The expertise gleaning from the creation of the spray has also led to a full range of toiletries and cosmetics which don't contain any attractant perfumes.
All incognito manufactured products, including our spray are certified vegan. They are all completely free of any Deet, Paraban, GMO, SLS’s and are not tested or derived from any animal, which is why the spray is registered with the Vegan society and carries the logo on every bottle.
Reading the 'avoiding bites & how to use' pages on the incognito website will go a long way to helping you not get bitten in fact, the entire website is an info resource which gives you a wealth of knowledge to prevent you from getting bitten or stung all in an environmentally friendly way.
Check out http://www.lessmosquito.com to see the full range and get informed.
Ethical and Environmental Policy
- 10% of our profits go towards ethical or environmental charities or drives.
- We have managed to push ourselves into the carbon-positive bracket.
- Our products are totally biodegradable with the exception of some of the packaging which can only be recycled.
- We only use packing that can be recycled. All of our stationary and marketing material is printed on recycled, FSC paper.
- Our delivery vehicles are electric or hybrid.
- We use saa packaging for our soaps.
- We ship rather than fly our raw materials.
- We use organically certified ingredients where possible.
- We use electricity generated from wind power.
- Everything we do, we assess impact on the environment before reaching decisions.
incognito is listed in the following categoriesHealth & Body / Skin & Body Care
Travel & Holidays / Ethical Holidays
Health & Body / Cosmetics
Travel & Holidays / Eco Tourism Services