Scaramanga specialise in classically styled, traditionally handmade and authentic old and vintage furniture, home furnishings and fashion accessories from around the world and Fife, Scotland. We have developed a reputation for specialising in vintage styled antique men’s and women’s leather messenger bags, leather satchels and travel bags. We offer one of the largest ranges of authentic old and vintage wooden chests, trunks and boxes in Scotland at our Gateside Mills store. Each item has been handmade or restored by skilled craftspeople using traditional methods.
Trading fairly with suppliers and producers is important to us. We aim to develop long-term relationships and continuity is important to us. Our materials and products are all fairly sourced directly from unique and traditional craft based families and communities.
Most of our furniture items and home accessories are exclusive and cannot be bought anywhere else. Many of our products are unique, so don't hesitate because, once they are gone, they can never be reordered.
We had fun buying them, so should you!
Visit our website to see our constantly changing ranges and collections.
Ethical and Environmental Policy
At Scaramanga we take great pride in working with producers and suppliers in traditional artisan and craft based industries that use traditional materials, methods and skills.
Many of our suppliers are small-scale producers and family-run businesses.
We aim to develop long-term relationships with our suppliers and continuity is important to us.
Whilst we do not belong to any particular UK fair trade body we have developed our own ethical buying and trading policy, which follows those of many British fair trade organisations.
In addition, our buying team make regular trips to visit all our suppliers and producers to ensure the ethical standards we set ourselves are being met. We ensure staff are all well looked after and earn above average wages for the industry and ensure no children are employed.
- Buys most of its goods and materials from traditional small-scale producers, craft based families and communities.
- Communicates and is transparent with its overseas suppliers in order to create greater equity. By doing so we help to maximise the income generated by local producers.
- Pays suppliers a fair price, which has been agreed through discussion and participation, which improves their standard of living and their community. We pay at least a 75% advance for orders and pay promptly.
- Develops long-term relationships with its suppliers and respects local designs and production methods.
- Undertakes product development with suppliers and producers, this ensure more money goes to the local economies.
- Promotes a safe and healthy working environment for producers.
- Actively encourages sustainable development, which often means paying a premium.
- Are committed to ensuring women’s work is properly valued and their contribution is always paid for fairly.
- Ensures producers will be paid equally regardless of gender, race and caste and their income should improve their standard of living.
- Respects traditional seasonal working patterns and holidays.
Scaramanga is listed in the following categoriesClothing & Fashion / Accessories
Clothing & Fashion / Fashion
House & Home / Furniture, Textiles and Upholstery
Clothing & Fashion / Womenswear
Member PostsLeather Saddle Bag Launched By Leather Satchel Makers Scaramanga
Beautiful Old and Vintage Wooden Jewellery Boxes
Scaramanga Celebrates International Talk Like A Pirate Day: Get a FREE old brass padlock with any wooden chest!
Buy With A Clear Conscience: Scaramanga Fair Trade
BRING A COLOURFUL VINTAGE TOUCH HOME WITH AN OLD WOODEN SHAVING BOX
Go Back To Old School With A Vintage Leather Satchel